Happy Friday and… happy September! The summer has officially slipped away from us, hasn’t it? I feel like it was just yesterday I was blowing up my swan float for the first time… and here we are, at the unofficial beginning of Fall, Labor Day weekend! I don’t know about for you girls, but for ME it feels near impossible to consider it Fall. It’s still basically 90 degrees at all times here in Miami. But, c’est la vie.
I’m excited about getting started with some (strategic) layering, pumpkins, booties and— please, please, please Starbucks— hopefully the return of S’mores Latte! (Do you know that I’ve NEVER tried a PSL?? Should this be the year? Tell me in the comments!)
In the spirit of closing out one month and beginning another, I wanted to share my August favorites!
Can’t believe that Bachelor in Paradise is ending next week!! My favorite summer show, wah. On the other hand, The Bachelor starts filming soon, what do you guys think about NICK being the next Bachelor?! I was shocked, I definitely thought it would be Luke! I’m actually excited, I like Nick. I’m excited to check out the season. Side note… I mentioned this on Twitter, but I’m pretty sure that I met Wells on a family vacation when I was in middle school… LOL! I’ve been thinking it since I first saw him on The Bachelorette, and now I AM CONVINCED it is him. I never forgot the name, and from what I can remember, he looked kind of like him! Hmm.
Did you catch the Pretty Little Liars summer finale?! Can you believe season 7 will be the last?? I swear, I love the show, but I don’t get how five people can be SO. CONSISTENTLY. STUPID. I just don’t understand! I was tweeting about this during the finale, in case you missed it.
I’m pretty excited for some of the Fall premieres! Looking forward to getting my Grey’s Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder back! I’m also dying to check out that new show they’re slipping into Scandal‘s timeslot, Notorious. I really like Piper Perabo, I was totally bummed when they canceled her show, Covert Affairs! Most of the new shows will be premiering in late September, so I’ll be sure to let you know what I’ll be watching as the premiere dates get closer!
On My Reading List…
- Just started reading The Woman in Cabin 10! I’ve heard amazing things about it. I’ll keep you posted. Everyone keeps making comparisons to The Girl on the Train, but honestly, I DIDN’T LIKE The Girl on the Train. Hmm.
- Next up on the list, I’ll tackle The Light Between Oceans, which was just made into a movie that is supposed to be SO GOOD. I’ve heard it’s crazy depressing, which, duh.
- Been really interested in reading The Girls which is supposed to be a fictional story incorporating the Manson murders, I thought it sounded interesting. Amazon says that you’ll like it if you enjoyed The Virgin Suicides, which was so, so good.
- What Pretty Girls are Made of : I spotted this book on Amazon but it seems to be only available on Kindle… it’s supposed to basically be The Devil Wears Prada set in the cosmetics industry. Sold.
- The Ex: So, basically every book is “THE NEXT GONE GIRL” or “THE NEXT THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN” because that’s how this is being described as well. Clearly, this is what I’m into right now. LOL!
- Don’t You Cry: After reading The Good Girl, I am majorly intrigued by Mary Kubica’s books and this one is next on my list.
Favorite End-of-Summer Beauty Products…
- L’Oreal Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer : I don’t know WHEN, but all of the sudden, I have undereye circles. Never had them before. I’d heard raves about this undereye concealer, so I’ve added it to my beauty routine.
- Physician’s Formula Super Ready #InstaBeauty BB Cream : this is a great BB for everyday. It’s a little on the heavy side, but it has great coverage and makes my skin look perfect.
- Physician’s Formula Argan Wear Glow Oil: I love this argan oil… I use it sometimes as a primer, sometimes as a moisturizer at night, or I add a few drops to my favorite foundation to get that perfect glow.
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Glow: THIS foundation is my current fave and go-to. I LOVE it. It’s light, glowy and has the perfect amount of coverage for everyday.
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Eye Transforming Anti-Aging Super Palette : my friends at IT Cosmetics sent this over a few weeks ago and I’m loving it! The colors are so beautiful for fall.
Favorite August Posts…
August was light on the posts, what with being away so much of the month, and I apologize! Thank you so much for continuing to visit the site, even in a quiet time. I am so excited about the content that has hit since I’ve been back, and can’t wait to delve into some amazing FALL FASHION in the next few weeks! (Tell me in the comments what it is you’d like to see, I’d love to know!) Here are some of my favorite posts from this past month:
A Few Things On My Fall Wishlist…
Favorite Labor Day Weekend Sales…
- Ann Taylor // extra 50% off sale items
- Anthropologie // extra 25% off sale items
- ASOS // 20% off fall styles
- Banana Republic // 40% off almost everything w/ code: FALL40
- BaubleBar // up to 75% off + extra 20% off sale
- Bloomingdale’s // Big Brown Bag Sale! Save up to 60% when you take an extra 20% off a great selection of sale and clearance items at Bloomingdales.com (Sept. 1-5)
- Bluefly // extra 30% off w/ code: LDW30
- Club Monaco // 40% off w/ code: FAREWELLSUMMER
- Express // 40% off everything
- Forever 21 // end of season sale: up to 70% off
- Gap: // 40% off w/ code: SHINEON
- GiGi NY // 15% off + free personalization + free shipping
- H&M // up to 60% off select styles
- J. Crew // 30% off order $200+, 25% off $125+ w/ code: SHOPMORE
- J. Crew Factory // 50% off everything + extra 50% off clearance w/ code: WOOHOO
- Kate Spade // extra 25% off sale items w/ code: DOTTY
- Kendra Scott // 15% off $100, 20% off $150, 25% off $200 w/ code: MOREISMORE
- LOFT // extra 40% off sale items
- Lord & Taylor // Take 20% off regularly priced and sale items, plus save 25% on clearance items with code LABORDAY (Aug. 31-Sept. 6)
- Macy’s // Enjoy an extra 20% off this Labor Day with code DEALS. Shop now at Macys.com (Aug. 31-Sept. 5).
- Madewell // 30% off select styles + extra 30% off all sale w/ code: DOUBLEUP
- Nasty Gal // Extra 25% off markdowns (Sept. 1-7)
- Neiman Marcus // up to 65% off summer styles
- Nine West // final sale up to 75% off
- Nordstrom // summer clearance up to 40% off
- Nordstrom Rack // clear the rack: up to 75 %off
- Old Navy // 50% off jeans, tees and dresses
- Shopbop // 100s of markdowns added
- Sole Society // 60% off select styles
- Steve Madden // 20% off $100, 25% off $125 + free shipping w/ code: BYESUMMER
- Ulta // 20% off entire purchase w/ code: 407339
Thanks so much for reading!!