Thanksgiving is a week away and then the holiday season will 100% be upon us. I know I’m not alone in saying that the holiday season is one of my favorites: chilly weather, cozy nights with friends and family, delicious treats… there’s a reason they call it the most wonderful time of year!
I’ve put together a list of 25 fun and festive holiday activities that should 1000% be on your holiday bucket list and wanted to share! Get ready to have the most festive season ever!
My Holiday Bucket List
- Make Christmas cookies
- Gingerbread house making competition
- Attend an ugly sweater party and DIY your own ugly sweater
- Christmas movie marathon + hot cocoa
- Put together a Fedex/UPS/USPS snack and drink basket
- Listen to Christmas music
- Go see a Christmas lights display
- Send out Christmas cards
- Get matching Christmas pajamas
- Trim the tree
- Go ice skating
- Take Christmas photos
- Visit a Christmas market
- Host a cozy Christmas party
- Visit a Christmas tree farm
- Drink eggnog
- Try a special holiday cocktail
- Make an ornament
- Organize a gift exchange with your friends
- Donate a toy to a local charity
- Take a picture with Santa
- Try all the Starbucks holiday coffees
- Go Christmas caroling
- Go snow tubing or sledding
- Build a snowman
Last year, my sisters and I held a Gingerbread house making competition… if you followed me last holiday season, you may remember, because I posted it on Stories and let you guys vote! We had such a blast doing it! (We picked up cheap gingerbread house making kits at Aldi!)
I love the idea of giving back. Angel Tree and Operation Christmas Child have always been two of my favorite holiday charities. Pick up an extra gift while you’re out and about this holiday season and donate to a child in need.
Ugly sweater parties are so much fun!! I DIY’d the BEST ugly sweater a couple of years ago it has won no fewer than 3 ugly sweater competitions. Should I do a DIY tutorial?? Let me know haha.
If you decide to host a gift exchange with your friends or family, you have to use Elfster. My sisters and I do Secret Santa every year and that’s how we figure out who gets who!
I put together the UPS/Fedex/USPS snack and drink basket every year and start putting it out the day after Thanksgiving. Our poor delivery guys are running around like crazy on major deadlines over the holiday season. They barely have time to eat, so I like to show my appreciation. (THEY LOVE IT!)
Pin this printable on Pinterest or print it out and hang it on your fridge!
So– how many of these things are on your holiday bucket list?? What’s on yours that didn’t make the cut here? Let me know in the comments!